Looked everywhere and don't find this on their messy, crazy site but here's announcement that's posted in my PhD community site (instructional design for online learning) at Capella regarding Fellowship at Masie Center.
Can't help thinking that this would be very, very fun and rewarding. What a great combo for the right person:
We are pleased to announce a new program that will support learning
professionals pursuing an advanced degree (Master or Doctorate
Level) or interested in a Research Sabbatical.
Starting in Summer 2008, for a period of one semester (2 to 4
months), we will select and host a series of Learning Fellowships at The MASIE
Center in Saratoga Springs, NY.
The candidates will be provided housing, a stipend for living
expenses, full access to the Center and our Learning CONSORTIUM. They will have an
* Spend 50% of their time on a Research Project in the Learning Arena.
* Spend 50% of their time working with MASIE Center staff on key Learning Projects.
* Work with our Learning CONSORTIUM members to create and deploy their research.
* Place the results of their research in the public domain.
* Shadow Elliott Masie or other CLO's in our Learning CONSORTIUM.
* Write at least one article for Learning TRENDS.
* Present their research at Learning 2008.
Candidates will be selected by an Advisory Panel of colleagues,
academics and learning executives. The Fellowships can begin at the start of
the Fall, Winter or Summer semester/season.
Rather than complete a long application, we would like you to start by
sending a personal note to us, outlining your interest in the Learning
Fellowship. We will follow-up with more details and requests for additional information.
Send your note to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are very excited about this program and hope that it will support
more research and advanced degrees in the learning field.
The MASIE Center & Learning CONSORTIUM