Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Seeqpod and Everything

Thanks to a simple Scott Leslie tweet, I wandered over to Seeqpod and my head blew off.
How is it possible that every day every day every day there's another site or tool or blog that I can't imagine life without? Yesterday, I was loyal to pandora.com and my customized, intensely personal and private radio stations. 

Still love Pandora, but seeqpod allows me to listen to any artist I want for as long as I want, while Pandora offers variety (within the channel constraints) that often annoys me. Depends on the mood, but let's skip over my whims and wants and address the technology. 

Everything is at my finger tips all the time. Ideas, images, music, facts, figures, and more. 
I'm never lonely and more often, never alone. I start to 'jones' if removed for long from life on the digital stream. 

& I can't help but wonder, if this is my life today, what will it look like next year? In five years? In ten years? My professional life depends on understanding emerging technologies and I will openly admit that I'm hitting my limits. Incredible, exciting, overwhelming and how do we keep up, sort, make meaning, categorize, and shed what's not of value?

Seeqpod? Too cool for school. Add it to the list. 

No comments: